Thursday, May 9, 2024

Cars, Plans

Things have improved a bit since last week, even though they got worse first. I felt extremely tired on Friday so I cancelled my playdate. By Sunday, things started to turn around and I had more energy. A couple of the kids are coughing now, so I'm sure it's just been a (mostly) asymptomatic cold.

The G6 started having problems, and Walmart told us it was both the alternator and the battery. The old battery was covered under the warranty, so we got the new one for free. When I picked up the van from the shop on Monday, I swapped cars. The G6 didn't end up needing an alternator, so that was nice since the van ending up costing a lot more than we originally thought. It's had all the maintenance it needs before heading to NC in less than a month!

We've been working on planning our NC trip. Having it all typed up in a chart makes it seem real. We're pretty certain about where we're going to stop and what things we want to do on the way; we just don't have concrete reservations for anything yet. The first trip we took in 2021 went much better than expected and we spent a little more money and time to make it more fun. Our trip in 2022 had some bad luck with car trouble, bad weather, and less time for travel overall, which made it a lot less fun than the year before. We've learned from both of those trips and are going to make this one a combination of the 2021/2022 trips. I really hope those "bad luck" things stay to a minimum because no amount of planning can do anything about them!

I'm excited to go to Logan this week for the wedding. The weather is supposed to be nice (finally!) and it's always fun to see family.

No comments:

Post a Comment