Thursday, January 8, 2015

A New Year

I am happy to say that I met my resolutions last year, so I've made some brand new ones. As hard as fall is, this part of winter is made more tolerable by the days getting longer and the stress of Christmas over. I love making goals for the new year.

I have three goals this year.

1. Never leave a kind word unspoken. This is a tough one because I worry too much about what people will think, even when I'm saying something kind and sincere. I have a tendency to brush off compliments because I don't feel I deserve them, which brings me to my second goal.

2. Be kind to myself. This includes eating well, not criticizing myself so much, and taking time to do things for myself to recharge.

3. Read to my kids. Even if it's only 5 minutes, I know it makes a difference.

A really nasty bug had both Kenny and Katie throwing up and dirtying lots of diapers all week (ever since getting back from the trip). I'm crossing my fingers that it's over. My kids have never been sick with anything like that for so long. Here's to a new week with a lot less laundry!


2 comments:

  1. Those seem like great goals. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent goals, and I don't just mean the staying healthy to the point of less laundry ;-)

    ReplyDelete