1. Ultrasound. The lady at the hospital said I came in too early for the ultrasound because I was only 17 weeks, but then I measured at 18 weeks, so she was able to do it and my due date has supposedly moved up 6 days. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sticking to my original due date, plus 3 days, so I won't be disappointed when this baby is also late. We are having a little boy! So far he seems healthy. It's funny how cute ultrasounds look even though they are black and white and somewhat alien. The kids and James went with me, and they thought the U/S was cool. Joseph and Katie really wanted another sister, but they have warmed up to the idea of another brother. I made a cake in the shape of a mustache for our FHE treat.
2. School schedule. I'm used to getting Joseph off to school before 8 now. It's not terrible at all. Since he is gone during the day, we started reading together before school. It is the perfect amount of time to allow for a good breakfast and getting ready - even brushing everyone's teeth, which is something I have been terrible at remembering before now. Oops. I've also been able to find things to fill my time when James is gone at his second job. One such thing was cleaning out a couple of neglected closets (Katie's, the boys'). I got a whole bunch of stuff for D.I. 90% of what I give to D.I. was given to me in the first place. I have generous neighbors and family, so I always end with more than I can use and have to pass some on. It always feels good to organize something.
3. Sleep. I slept very poorly for about 10 days, but after Monday, I have been able to sleep well again. I'm not sure what it was, maybe anxiety about the ultrasound? Maybe because I can't sleep on my belly anymore, which is my favorite position. I don't know.
4. Produce. My garden is a failure, as I said, but I received more produce from neighbors. I feel loved. I sure do love a big bowl of summer squash with salt and pepper.
5. Piano. I was worried that my finger being bent would affect my playing, but it hasn't. I can play again! I have really missed it. I bet I will get to sub in Primary again soon.
6. RS meeting. I always love going since I don't attend actual Relief Society. There is a meeting tonight!
7. Good books. I just finished reading the Lunar Chronicles (series of 4) and loved it. It's been a while since I read something so enjoyable.
I hope that coming weeks can be just as great.