Thursday, August 4, 2016

NC Pt. 1

Packing for the trip wasn't too bad. James and I both gave talks on Sunday. I think they went really well. One lady even called to tell me she thought I did a great job. That made my day.

We woke up early Monday morning and headed to Denver. It was a long drive, but we stopped at a dam for lunch and then went to see my old roommate Katey for the afternoon and dinner. It was absolutely wonderful to get a break from the car. It was my first time seeing her in probably 6 years, so I had never met her girls. The kids all played together pretty well. We had a yummy dinner and then headed to the Denver airport. Amazingly, we had no trouble with traffic or finding the shuttle parking. We got on the plan finally around 12:15 am. It was delayed about 30 minutes.

The actual flight was okay, but I got no sleep. The seats were really hard and didn't recline at all. The tray table was too small to put my head on either. It was a really long flight due to that, but we made it to RDU and to Apex around 7:30 am. We all crashed. I woke up by 11:30, but everyone else was out until 1 pm. It was great to finally get some sleep.

Tuesday, I ran some errands to print pictures and make copies of the big pedigree chart at Walmart and Office Max. Mara and Carmel went with me. I updated the scrapbook I made for my family a few years ago. We all went to the pool while dinner was cooking and then ate. After the kids went to bed, we watched part of a movie. I couldn't stay awake past midnight, so I went to bed. I did catch up on sleep though. I got a full 8 hours!

Wednesday, I woke up by 8 and worked on Christian's scrapbook for his wedding present. Then I showered and cleaned the fridge, then made fried rice for lunch and started tomato sauce and squash casserole. James joked that I must have been feeling sad about my lame garden, and he's totally right. Haha. I tried to take a nap, but no luck, so I relaxed as well as I could and then finished the casserole for dinner. We went to Costco after dinner to pick up a few things. Grandma arrived at about 12:30 am, so all but the kids were awake to greet her.

During the day, the kids have had tons of fun playing on the trampoline and with the different, fun toys that Grandma has in the living room. They love all their aunts and uncles and follow them around. I think the feeling is mutual.

I made some breakfast this morning and have just been hanging out so far. Today I plan to make bread. There are a lot of miacellaneous things to do before the reception tomorrow. We are all going to the temple tonight for sealings, so that should be fun. It's been very relaxing to be here so far, especially because we've all stayed on mountain time. It works really well for my night owl family.

No comments:

Post a Comment