Thursday, July 28, 2016

Christian's Wedding Weekend

We left around 9:30 Friday morning for SLC. Our trip went without a hitch. We even stopped for lunch at Taco Bell. Joseph has been begging to go for such a long time. I don't know what to think about that, to tell the truth.

We met my parents, Brinson, Ceci, and Mara at the hotel and took the kids swimming while the guys all met up at the IMAX theater to see the new Star Trek movie. I admit that I was a little jealous. We had fun in the pool, though. Then I put Disney channel on while I relaxed with Mom. Dad drove Ceci and Mara to Rachel's aunt's house to do her nails.

Everyone met up for dinner at Chuck-a-Rama. I think everyone had their fill. Then James and I headed over to his cousin's house to spend the night. We all slept really well, which was surprising. I usually sleep terrible in a new place.

We woke up early the next morning to delicious pancakes and then sent the kids off with Anna to the Belcher reunion in Heber. We parked and got to the Salt Lake temple just in time. Christian and Rachel's wedding was beautiful. We took some pictures afterward and then headed to the luncheon. It was in a banquet room in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. so everything was really fancy and delicious. There was a short program, including a slideshow and song, and then we all headed to Vernal.

I managed to unpack while cooking dinner. We were all pretty wiped out. James and my siblings went shooting and explored a cave while I bathed the kids and put them to bed.

Dad and Myles left Sunday morning to drive home. The rest of us went to Church, took naps, and then had dinner and dessert. It was a pretty relaxing evening. James and my siblings played Uno while I talked to Mom. I was still too tired to really concentrate.

Everyone left Monday morning, and I worked all day on putting the house back together and doing 6 loads of laundry. I normally do 4 in a week, but the sheets and towels really add up. Joseph was sick too, and he peed in my bed, so that added to it. I was completely exhausted by the time we went to bed that night.

I had appointments every morning this week, 2 for OT, 1 OB, and 1 with the orthopedic surgeon. All of them went well. I am most excited for the fact that my ultrasound is scheduled for the end of August! I can't wait to find out if it's a girl or boy. I think that's the most exciting part of the pregnancy except for the end. :) I'm trying to set up an appointment with the hand surgeon in SLC to see if there is anything they can do about my tendons being stuck together. It's not a big deal. My top knuckle doesn't bend, but the middle one works just fine. The hand surgeon may be able to fix it, but I have limited time to schedule an appointment since we will be gone for almost the first half of August and school starts on the 16th for James. I'm not ready to think about school yet, but I'm very ready for my schedule to calm down. I will have to do a statistical report of this summer because it's been insane.

Today we had the last library activity, which was a big carnival with lots of free food: hot dogs, popcorn, cotton candy, and snow cones. The kids loved it, and they got to pick out their free books.

I also have a piano lesson and Relief Society meeting today (actually, a clothing swap). The rest of the week will consist of cleaning up the yard, scrubbing out the disgusting car to get it ready for out next trip, and laundry and packing on Saturday so I don't have to do it on Sunday. I have a talk and Primary lesson on Sunday, and hopefully I will get some rest before we head to Denver to fly to NC on Monday night. My next post will be written from NC! We have tons of fun things planned. I hope I don't die of either exhaustion or anxiety by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment