Thursday, July 21, 2016

Rexburg

It's been quite the week. I got up Thursday morning to the news that my great-grandma had died. She was 105, so she lived a very long life, but it was still pretty sad (even though not totally unexpected.) We left last Thursday for Rexburg and made a couple of stops: first to Smith & Edwards, where James got his fix on military surplus, and then to my old college roommate Tanisha's house. She gave me a couple of bags of clothes to look through, and I found a lot of cute things. I'm really glad to be replacing some of the skirts I've had since high school! They were really due! We had a really nice Thai dinner of curry and pad Thai. Delicious. I'm so grateful for Tanisha's family for teaching me to cook Thai. We arrived in Rexburg late.

Friday, we started our LOTR-themed reunion with everyone in the Rex Head family. I just got to meet my newest niece, Lizzy (Elizabeth). She is totally adorable. It makes me happy that I'll have a baby that age next summer. Nervous too, I'll admit, because it's been a while. Anyway, we had fun little snacks/meals just like hobbits, tracker games outside (sardines, scavenger hunt), and then got ready for Grandma and Grandpa Head's house. I took a nap while everyone went out in the canoes. They had a great time, I'm sure. We had a cookout dinner and then drove back to Rexburg.

Saturday, we did some chores and the kids took Rocky rides. I got some reading done on a book for book group, which happened the following Tuesday. After lunch and naps, we went to the Lees' for another cookout. It was a lot of fun. The kids always love running around outside on the lawn and taking rides in the wagon, pulled by the riding lawnmower. After we got back, James went to a wedding reception while I put the kids to bed and gave them a bath. They were filthy from the fun week.

Sunday, we got up early to take family pictures. We got some really good ones outside the Rexburg temple. (Where our eternal family started!) After church, we had lunch and naps again, and then the Rammells came over for a Swedish pancake dinner. My favorite topping is still strawberries with Nutella, not so healthy, but totally delicious. Anna and Angie had to leave after dinner, so that was really sad.

Monday, I cleaned the fridge and prepped for dinner before everyone else woke up. (I still wake up around 6-6:30 most days.) We went to Bear World with the kids, had lunch and naps, and then I finished making dinner. Christian, Myles, and Rachel came over for dinner and FHE afterward. We had treats outside since the house was really hot from all the cooking. Kenny started running a fever.

Tuesday, I got the laundry done and James went shooting in the morning with my brothers. I also went to the gym with Melodie and then to book group in Idaho Falls and shopping at Ross. I felt really awful by the time we got home, so I took a nap for an hour even though it was already 4:00. I woke up feeling worse, but eating dinner helped a little. The combination of too much junk food, heat, and fatigue, plus the beginnings of a cold, were not so good. Oh, and heartburn too. Pregnancy is not very fun sometimes. We did get to watch a fun movie called Stranger than Fiction.

Wednesday, I woke up with a cough. No surprise there, but it was still annoying. I made the cake for Christian and Myles's graduation, a devil's food. Everyone loves chocolate, pretty much. :) We met up with Christian, Myles, Rachel, Mom, Dad, and Mara to go to Big Jud's for lunch. We all got 2 doubles, which came with 4 big containers of fries (well, we subbed 2 for tots) and 8 sodas. We were all stuffed and stayed pretty full till dinner. I took a nap when we got back and figured out a plan for the rest of the day. I didn't wake up until 4:35, so I had 10 minutes to get ready and eat dinner. We met up with everyone and attended Commencement first. The speakers were pretty good. I still can't believe how huge the I-Center is. We then went to the Hart for the Convocation and got a few treats at the reception along the way. My enthusiasm waned quickly as I had to sit on a hard, wooden bench with no back or room to cross my less, but I made it. We got home around 9:30 and had cake and hung out. It was nice to hear Mara talk about her mission a little bit more too.

So, it's Thursday, and I think today's plans are pretty low-key. James is off to Blackfoot to work with Rex. That will be great to add a little money to our bank account. I will be here with the kids and Sam and Jesse (I think). I have to prepare a Primary lesson, and I know I will need another nap at some point, but I think overall it will be a relaxing day. Tonight, Kenneth (who Kenny is named after) and another friend of James and Sam's are coming over to do s'mores. Whew! :) Then it's off to Salt Lake tomorrow to start the wedding festivities, but that will get a post of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment