Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4th of July

After the Heads left, we had 1 day to get ready for the Phenixes. Christian, Myles, and Rachel arrived around 10:30 Friday night. We stayed up talking till late, of course.

Saturday, we went to a temple session. It was only Rachel's second time! She just went with her parents and Christian the week before. We got some junk food at the grocery store, came home for lunch, and then took naps while James and Myles went shooting. For dinner, we went to the park by the river and had foil dinners. They took a little long to get started, but they tasted delicious.

Sunday was church and then naps again after lunch. I now have CTR 6 and CTR 7 because of how many poeple have moved out of the ward. I still only had 2 kids there. Lots of people have been out of town. We talked to Mara and the rest of the fam later in the evening. It was my first time talking to her since her mission.

Monday, we went to the parade after my OT appointment. It was long, and there was barely any candy, so basically really disappointing. I ran to the store right after that because we ran out of ketchup (total bummer!) but also came back with candy to make up for the lame parade. We went shooting after lunch. It was my first time shooting a handgun, and I was surprised at how it felt. I also shot Myles's powerful gun (the mauser) and got kicked in the arm a little bit. My family has quite the arsenal.

We did hamburgers for dinner and then fireworks. Overall, it was a tiring, but really fun 4th of July weekend. Yesterday and today have been catch-up days with mundane things like scrubbing the kitchen, putting bedrooms back together, and laundry. Tomorrow brings OT again and another library activity and piano lesson. These summer weeks are going by way too fast!

In baby news, I definitely have a bump now. It looks more like a gut. I still haven't put on much weight, maybe 4 lbs., so I know it's a real bump and not just me being fat. However,  I did feast a bit over the past week. Who wouldn't? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment