Thursday, June 30, 2016

Heads Visit

James's mom, brother Joseph and Jacob, and sister Anna came to visit. Anna was here only until Monday, but everyone else arrived Friday and left Thursday.

We had a good dinner on Friday night, and then Melodie with shopping with me and helped me get the Bountiful Basket. After we came home, we put everything away and played a game.

Saturday, everyone went yard sale-ing and met up with Anna, who drove in from SLC. We had lunch and then hung out. After dinner, we had Anna's birthday cake and presents. It was delicious. We then watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Though gory, it is surprisingly clever and entertaining.

Sunday, we had church, lunch, and then family talk time. Rex is in Ecuador and Sam in Ohio with his family, so we talked to them. My family is in Mexico picking up Mara, so we did not talk to them. I can't believe it's been a year and a half already! We played a game of Ticket to Ride. I lost.

Monday, we went to D.I. to have a look around. After lunch, I had appointments for OT and with the orthopedic surgeon. They both went well. The appointment with the ortho was a lot better than last time. Last time, I considered never going back. Luckily, I don't have an appointment for another month. Anna had to leave a bit before dinner, which was sad. Everyone went to Steinaker while I relaxed and made dinner. It was really nice to have a little time to myself. After dinner, we watched Johnny English, a hilariously dumb movie that I have seen a few times. It still makes me laugh.

Tuesday, we took a day trip to Harper's Corner in Colorado. It's part of Dinosaur National Monument that we hadn't seen. We saw the small visitor's center, many wonderful overlooks, and had a picnic lunch. Overall, it took from 9:15 to about 2:45, so it was the perfect length. A lot of stuff was wheelchair accessible, which is great for Jacob.

Wednesday, Melodie and I went to the temple for the 7:30 session. Then I went with James to  a lunch date for our anniversary. Then I took a nap! It was my first one since Saturday. so it was much needed. We ended up cooking at home while I rested on the couch. The pizza I'd eaten for lunch did not settle well, even with lactase pills. (It did taste great, though!) I helped Melodie clean pictures and videos off her phone, which freed up something like 6.5 GB.

Thursday, I went to OT at 9 and then we all went to the library summer activity afterward. The boys had a great time. They always love the library stuff. Everyone had to leave after that, which was very sad. We had such a fun week, and it went by way too fast! We have just enough time to wash everything before Christian, Rachel, and Myles arrive for the 4th of July weekend tomorrow. Can't wait!

I also have my 3rd piano lesson that I'm teaching today. They have been going well, I think. I even woke up to the house still being clean after my nap. It's been a good day, but everyone is really sad that Grandma left.

No comments:

Post a Comment