Thursday, June 9, 2016

Lowering My Standards

I don't mean in the moral sense. For me right now, I have to face the fact that I can't accomplish in a day what I could 2 months ago. It is quite a change to need 9 hours of sleep instead of 7-7 1/2 and only have 1 1/2 hands. My weeks are going to be something like this:

working out 3X (not 5, because I am way too tired)
yard work 1 hour per week instead of 1 hour per day, and James will do all the mowing from now on
reading to the kids (no change there, since it doesn't require much energy)
occupational therapy 3X a week
piano - none, but I may still start lessons since they start out right-handed
cleaning - normal, but James has to wash the big dishes
dinner prep - James has to do most of the chopping, but I can manage stirring.
nap - every day from 1-3. I tend to wake up early with the sunshine but go to bed late (11ish), so it is needed! I never need naps when not pregnant.
crafty stuff - none, but I finished those 4 rugs before hurting my hand, thankfully. Eventually I'll get around to cutting up some quilt squares, but I don't even have a big pile to do yet.

Basically, I can get the basics done but nothing beyond that. Since I worked hard to be really productive during the last 6 months, I almost feel justified sitting around a lot more. Almost.

On an unrelated note, it appears that Katie's eczema is gone. I did nothing except apply colloidal oatmeal lotion all winter. By spring, it just disappeared. Not even her weekly bath seems to bring it back. I guess she just had normal, really dry skin. It's nice that it's gone. Right now the challenge is her long hair. I am not good at doing hair with 1 hand, so she's probably going to have her hair down all summer. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment