Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Siesta

I'm still learning to roll with this pregnancy tiredness. Overall, I am very grateful that I only need a little siesta (1-2 hours), but the rest of the day I'm fine and don't have to lie on the couch like I did with Katie. (That pregnancy fatigue was killer.) I go to bed around a normal time. Earlier than that, it's actually too darn hot. We open the windows at night,  but it's not really cool enough to do that until 10:00 these days. Most days I wake up at 6, so today I actually got out of bed and worked in the garden pulling weeds for an hour. I have another hour or two to go before the lawn is weed-free again. I wish I could keep up. Getting up at 6 instead of lying in bed might actually work. It's wonderfully cool at that time of morning, and being outside in the dirt puts me in a good mood.

Saturday, we went to SLC for Rachel's bridal shower. I had a great time meeting her family. I gave her a few recipes and baking ingredients. James went to hang out with Anna, so they all went swimming while I was at the shower. After they picked me up, we went to the Bean museum (natural history) in Provo and then to Bridal Veil falls. It was a long day, but we had fun and made it home safely.

I had some form of appt. every morning this week M-Th. Mon. and Thu. (tomorrow), occupational therapy; Tues., checkups for the boys; and Wed. (today), I had my first OB appointment. It went really well. They couldn't hear the baby yet, but he did an ultrasound, so I got to see the little bean and its heartbeat. Now it seems real!

We went on a very long adventure on Mon. to Sheep Creek (up in Daggett County). It was amazing, and we saw lots of cool geological formations. Every time I think I've seen it all, I see new things and am amazed by the beautiful place I live in. We cooked lunch over the fire and then drove back via Red Cloud Loop. It was very long. We didn't get back till 4, so I didn't get a nap and had a headache the rest of the day.

Speaking of headaches, that was the very first one I had the whole pregnancy, and I know it's because I ate a hotdog. I have actually had a very strong aversion to meat, even chicken, so I have eaten it only a handful of times and avoid it whenever possible. It doesn't smell or taste good anymore. The same is true for oil/butter. If I eat more than the tiniest amount (like a drizzle in a big dish of something), I get terrible reflux. Those two things have helped me stay pretty healthy so far, only gaining 1-2 pounds during the past 8 weeks. Normally, I've put on more like 5 by now. The extent of my nausea is that sometimes nothing sounds good except for one certain thing, but it's usually something simple like rice, broccoli, or potatoes. When I have a healthy craving, I make sure to embrace it. :)

James has been working on classes, studying for the Praxis, and fishing with his new spear that I got him for Father's Day. Summer is great.


No comments:

Post a Comment