Saturday, June 4, 2016

I Was Wrong

This last week has been a little crazy. Last Saturday I helped my friend Cherissa move a little bit, actually more like cleaning so she can move in these next few days. Didn't feel very useful because of my fingers taped together. Also, I have been pretty tired because I am now almost 6 weeks  pregnant! I am due around 1 February. When I put it that way, it seems like ages from now. I have been getting by with a 20 minute power nap each day.  I am starting to feel a little bit of nausea, but as long as I stick to starchy things and not greasy things, I actually feel pretty decent and have a good amount of energy, much more than I did at this stage with my third pregnancy.

I don't remember what else we did on Saturday. On Monday, we left for Rexburg. It went smoothly until Idaho Falls, and we had to stop to fix a flat tire. We were a little bit late to celebrate Joseph's sixth birthday, but it was still fun. Christian and Myles and Rachel came over, and Rachel even took some pictures of my kids. They turned out really cute.

Tuesday is when the real fun started. Rex called the doctor in Rexburg to see about an appointment for my finger, because he thought I had severed my flexor tendon. I waited for several hours, but I saw the doctor in Rexburg about it, and he signed me up for surgery the following day, Wednesday. Wednesday was absolutely  miserable. I couldn't eat all day, and surgery didn't happen until almost 4 PM. Because of my pregnancy, I had to be awake for the surgery. It was really weird to have my hand being cut open while I was awake, but I made it  through because I talked to the anesthesiologist the whole time. They were probably a little tired of me by the end. Recovery was OK. Mostly I was just very hungry. I was able to go home within an hour of getting out of surgery.

The next day we left for Albion, Idaho, for the family reunion. It has been fun so far, but very tiring. On Thursday,  we had family dinner together and gathered around the campfire later in the evening. Friday, we had breakfast, a workout, and then got boats ready for the rain gutter regalia. We had lunch and the annual auction. We won a couple of things: a princess blanket for Katie,  a bag of Legos, and a random binder. There were singing, the talent show, and poems after dinner. Our kids were really worn out and went to bed a little easier than they did on Thursday night. Katie is still a terrible roommate to her brothers. She sings very loudly for at least half an hour before going to  sleep, even when she is very tired.

The kids were kind enough to sleep in a little bit this morning. I feel like I finally got enough rest. I wasn't able to take a nap right now, hence the blog post. We had the rain gutter regalia this morning, and then lunch. I did about half of a workout before breakfast, but the pancakes were calling my name really loudly. It is been a bit of a challenge to only have one hand,  since my left hand is all wrapped up in a splint. However, I will get the split off on Monday and start physical therapy, which I will have to do for three months. The part I'm scared about is getting the medical bills for all of this. Right now it is afternoon and everyone except Katie and me, plus a few stragglers, went to a place called Steadman's. Since I can't  swim or shower without wrapping up my hand, I felt it would be best to stay here and let my tired girl take a nap. She loves her new princess blankie.

 It has been great to see the family, but I am ready to go home tomorrow, as I always am by Sunday morning. I like that James's family is so close-knit. Mine never has been because of the great distance between the places they live. It's too bad, really, because reunions are really fun, even though they can be quite stressful.  I still can't believe I'll have 4 kids by this time next year. :) That will be an adventure on its own.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo. That is so exciting that you are expecting. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete