Thursday, May 26, 2016

Garden Time, End of School

I had been feeling a little down on Monday because of my finger, which still won't bend. I went to community care, but all they did was refer me to an orthopedic surgeon and wrapped up my finger. It really didn't feel good wrapped up like that, so I went back to buddy taping it with my ring finger and have since felt no pain. When I got home from the appointment, James and the boys had weeded the garden for me! That really made me happy.

So...my appointment for my finger isn't until June 13th, the soonest date available. I hope it heals by then. I don't think I tore the tendon, so it should be able to heal but will take a long time, up to 12 weeks according to the internet. That leaves another 10 weeks. which means I might not have a working finger until August. Fail. At least I can still use my hand, even if it's a little awkward.

I got out and planted the garden on Tuesday. It took 3 hours to finish the weeding and get everything in, but it felt really good to be out in the sunshine and dirt. I sorted through all the sprinklers and hoses yesterday and got everything set up for watering both the front yard and the garden. Now all we need is a new timer for when we go out of town. Today, I finished some more weeding. It really never ends. I need to work in the yard about 3 hours a week to keep the weeds under control and get the mowing and sweeping done. I really love it, though. I'm getting a good tan again. I always work in the morning between 9 and 11 when it isn't so hot.

Today is Joseph's last day of school! He's been looking forward to it for a long time because I am bringing treats for his birthday, which falls on Monday. I am also going to the program they are putting on. He's been talking about it for several weeks. Anyway, I'm sure it will be fun. James has his last day tomorrow, and then Monday we leave for Rexburg/Albion. Let the summer begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment