Thursday, May 12, 2016

Progress

So many things in my life happen a little at a time, line upon line, precept upon precept. I'm feeling that way a lot this week. I never thought getting interested in nutrition in 2011 would lead me to where I am now. I have been watching lots of YouTube videos about plant-based nutrition, and I learn new things every day.

I am making progress on my addictions as well. I hesitate to write about it all yet because I'm afraid I will screw everything up. That is the hardest part of making any lifestyle change for me - fearing what others think and worrying I'll feel deprived and go back to where I was before. I have reached my second weight loss goal and now weigh 144.4. My next goal is 140, my lowest weight as an adult (and even what I weighed in 8th grade.) The real challenge will be seeing if I can go lower than that. I hope so. I am not embarrassed by my current size. If I were, I would have to hate every picture ever taken of me. I do really want to see where super healthy nutrition can take me. I already know what my genes have given me - not much height, curves, and a very efficient metabolism. I don't hate those things about myself. If I can be thinner, then great, but if eating whole, plant foods doesn't drop me below 140 lbs., I will not complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment