Sunday, May 8, 2016

Articles of Faith #12

 12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

I feel more strongly about this article of faith than I ever have. Since the advent of Facebook, it seems that political opinions run rampant. Politics is not something that was discussed much in my family, even though I knew what my parents believed.

No leader in perfect. Despite their imperfections, our leaders do deserve our respect. There isn't enough respect between political parties, and that's why nothing gets done. They act like little children on the playground who like to taunt each other. I do have political opinions, but for the most part they are personal. Come November, I will vote for a person of integrity, and I hope that everyone else will do the same. Now is more important than ever to choose leaders who will help uphold the Gospel of Jesus Christ, albeit indirectly.

I am grateful to live in a free country where I can speak my mind and live my religion without oppression.

No comments:

Post a Comment