Sunday, May 15, 2016

Articles of Faith #13

 13 We believe in being honest, true, chastebenevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuouslovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

  The world today is filled with many terrible things. That is no excuse to participate in them. It takes considerable effort to find things that are lovely or of good report or praiseworthy, but the effort is always worth it. 

 Honesty is not often practiced today, but I think it is more important now than ever. The same is true for chastity.  So much heartbreak would not have happened if more people were willing to be chaste.  I wish more people in the world practiced kindness to everyone. I have seen many people claim to be kind, but then I see the rude comments they post on news articles. I see kindness as being kind even when you are anonymous. 

 There is always  good to be found in others. I believe in giving others the benefit of the doubt, even if it ends up hurting me in someway. I have never regretted thinking the best of others, forgiving quickly, and trying to be friends with everyone. 

 I believe my life is happier because of trying to see the good in everyone and everything. It certainly never hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment