Thursday, May 5, 2016

Weeds

If the weeds in my yard were worth as much as the stuff in Colorado, I'd be a rich woman! I've been listening to a book while I worked in the yard during the mornings and one afternoon. I forgot that no clouds means sunburn, but I think it will turn into a tan in another few days.

We leave for SLC for a wedding tomorrow.

We had two dinners out this week, one with our old ward, Vernal 5th. James was invited as a guest speaker. The other was last night for the Young Women fundraiser. I enjoyed both and managed not to overeat (too much). It was certainly tempting.

I finished a couple more YW projects. For Good Works, I volunteered at Bountiful Baskets several times. It was really fun. For Choice and Accountability, I made an effort to teach a decent family  home evening lesson every week this year so far. I enjoyed that too, so hopefully the habit will stick and I won't leave things to the last minute anymore.

I've been watching some videos on healthy eating. Every time I think my diet is ideal, I find more information that helps me make it even better. I have finally come to the conclusion that I am addicted to certain things and need to give them up to be completely  happy and not compulsively overeat all the time. Overeating has been a problem for me ever since I was a baby. Not until I kick that habit/addiction can I finally get to a weight that is healthy for me. I am making progress every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment