Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sick

We had a really good time at the fair last Thurs. and Fri., but Sat., Sun., and Mon., we had sick kids of the throwing up sort. I caught it myself on Tues. and spent all of Wed. in bed. I think the worst part about being sick is just how boring it is. Well, I don't much like not being able to eat either. I haven't yet today because I am afraid to, but I do feel quite a bit better than I did yesterday. I even got caught up on cleaning and cooking. I guess my standards are a little OCD, but I am at least happy now with the state of cleanliness of my house. James cleaned up the majority of the puke, for which I am grateful.

So, the fair. Favorite activities included the candy drop, book pond, building with Legoes, seeing the Scales and Tails show, and going through the Little Red Barn. The kids get to pretend to be farmers, and they absolutely love it. It doesn't hurt that they got a free treat at the end.

Aside from playing catch up today, I have my first piano lesson during which I will be the teacher. I am a little nervous because I have no idea what I'm really doing, but I'm sure it will work out fine once I get things figured out. We also have the weekly library activity, which the kids love going to. There are always snacks and fun activities.

As for my finger, OT is going well. I may go a little crazy from having to go 3X a week. It's not so bad actually being there, but it is quite a time commitment. I can now eat and write with my left hand (hurray!), and the finger is making lots of progress in its flexibility. I got the stitches out on Monday from the orthopedic surgeon in Vernal. I was actually not impressed with him or his office. He seemed to disagree with everything I've done so far, criticized the exercises as being too extreme, and said he wouldn't have done the surgery; he would have referred me to a hand surgeon. Thanks, dude. That was really helpful advice. If he treats me as stupid as he did at that appointment when I see him again, I think I will not go see him again. I'm not going to put up with his disagreeable attitude, especially since he isn't the one who did my surgery.

It should be a much better weekend than week since everyone is well now. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment