Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Week of (Relative) Calm

It's been a nice week to catch up and relax a little bit. The thing I always forget that makes visitors stressful is not having time with just James. Usually, I get a couple of hours after the kids are in bed to just relax with him. I really miss that when we are traveling or hosting, and it really wears on me mentally. I really am an introvert.

Saturday, James went to one of the area's many reservoirs with his friend Devin. They came over in the afternoon with 5 lbs. of crawfish. I looked up a recipe for a "boil" with Cajun seasoning, corn, potatoes, and sausage. We enjoyed it a lot. Devin's wife and her parents came, so we also got to try some fresh ceviche, which was divine. (I know, raw fish and all, but I couldn't resist.) We spoke Spanish for about half of the time since the parents are from Mexico and don't speak English. It was good practice. I am definitely rusty.

Sunday, I was feeling bummed about teaching Primary. I have had a Primary calling now since Feb. 2014, so my attendance in Relief Society went from sporadic when I was doing music to non-existent when I became a teacher. I was really wishing for some adult interaction. Lo and behold, there was a teacher council during Sharing Time, so I actually did get to interact with other adults. Also, after class was over, one of the kids told me I was the best teacher ever. I really needed that.

I've been a little stressed about my finger still not working quite right, but I still have 6 weeks to go on recovery. It seems like it's been forever. I looked up the claims for the surgery. Since the doctor who did it is out of network, we will end up having to pay a lot more than we originally thought. Bummer, but medical stuff is always more expensive than I think it will be. I should start estimating by making a guess on how much it will be, then multiply that by ten. Haha. Then I might not be so disappointed.

James is taking the Praxis today. It's the last step, aside from finishing his online class, to get his geography endorsement. It moves him over a lane on pay too, which is great. We're going to need it. (Why is life so expensive?)

As for the rest of the week (or summer, really), it will go something like this:

leave Thu. Jul. 14th for Rexburg
home again Sat. Jul. 23rd after reunion, graduation, wedding
guests until Monday, Jul. 25th (my family)
1 WEEK home!
leave Mon., Aug. 1st for NC
come back Wed., Aug. 10th
9 DAYS at home (School starts in there somewhere too.)
college kids visit for 2 weeks

...which takes us to September. I hope I can keep up with my naps during this time. I'm tired already just thinking about it all, but I know it will be lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment