Thursday, August 11, 2016

NC Pt. 2

Friday was a pretty good day. I got all the documents filled out to give Christian the green Corolla. I also went with the girls to Kohl's to look for shirts. I didn't end up  getting one, but it was still fun to look around.

 The reception went well. We all got there early, even though the boys had set up everything earlier in the day. There was a beautiful, delicious cake and lots of other goodies. I think we all ate way too much. It was fun to see lots of people that I haven't seen in  several years. Everyone pretty much just hung out and talked. I like having such an informal event. My kids even behaved really well. The only mishap was Katie spilling punch on the floor. We took home lots of leftovers, but they are already gone, except for the cake in the freezer.

 Friday was a relaxing day. I did laundry while the boys went to a gun show. Uncle Claude came over and brought Papa John's pizza for lunch. I always forget how much I love that pizza until I eat it again. We do not have one in Vernal. I took a nap after lunch  and woke up in time to get ready for the Eagle Court of honor. We were a little frazzled getting out the door for that, but we all made it within 10 minutes of each other. Nash and Lars are now officially Eagles. We had even more cake to celebrate. Then we went home and ate a real dinner of reception leftovers. It was fun to have everyone together. We just hung out for the rest of the evening while the boys cleaned the guns.

 Sunday, my kids were very grumpy when we were getting them ready for church. Thankfully, James put a movie on for them so they would behave. I went downstairs and planned out the rest of my busy week and read scriptures. After church, we ate and relaxed.

 Monday was specially awesome. We went to Wrightsville Beach near Wilmington. We left in the morning and returned at almost 8 PM. It was a lot of fun. The kids didn't complain even once because they were too caught up building sand castles and playing in the waves.  I fell asleep at one point and got badly sunburned on my legs. They are still swollen and hurt a lot to walk on. Overall though, it was a really great day at the beach. Mara, Colbey, and Carmel all went with us.

 Tuesday, we met Brinson and Ceci at the children's museum in Raleigh. The kids also had a blast there. It was a huge museum with tons of fun activities and things to explore and play with. Afterward, we went to Cookout for lunch. It is a really cheap but good local place to eat. James especially loves their hush puppies. That's one thing you don't see a lot of in Utah, unfortunately.  It was all I could do to walk around on my sore legs, but I made it.  We went to Brinson and Ceci's for dinner that night. Ceci made an excellent soup and tortas. We also watched a movie and said goodbye to Christian and Rachel, who came over to the apartment.

 Wednesday came to the real trial. We got up very early and caught our flight from Raleigh to Denver. We then finally got to our car and drove home. We got home around 5:30 PM, and I went directly to the grocery store because our house is empty. I could barely focus on what I was doing because of how tired I  was. I think I had gotten two hours of sleep in the previous 24. After getting home, I still had to unpack everything. James did an excellent job cleaning the car, though, so I was really grateful. I crashed when I finally went to bed.

 Today, I was lucky enough to drive to Salt Lake and back for an appointment with a hand surgeon. My mind has finally been put to rest about my hand. I got a clean bill of health. In one month, I can pick up heavy things too, but for right now my hand is still considered completely healed. That means no more appointments or occupational therapy. It also  means no more hand exercises. I couldn't be more glad, because it has taken up a lot of time and energy this summer. The drive home was long, but when I arrived, James had made dinner. It is so great to be home finally. We really did have a wonderful trip. I am also grateful to have this finger  working properly, or mostly. The top knuckle does not bend, but it does not impair my ability to do things.

 Tomorrow will be a busy day too, but in a different way. I have to register Joseph for school and get supplies. He starts one week from today, and I am completely unprepared. James starts on Tuesday. I am very glad to be back to my normal routine, or at least getting there. Hopefully the next post will be shorter because everything will be somewhat routine. Who knows? Maybe I will even have time for some projects during the rest of the year since we won't be traveling again until October. At least I am crossing my fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment