Thursday, July 15, 2021

A Restful Week

Since we got back from Rexburg, it's been nice to have a "normal" summer week. There wasn't as much laundry as I thought, which was really nice! 

We did a last DnD session with Chelsea, who's now moved to SL. It's a bummer to lose people, but hopefully our group can continue. It's been hard to set up with people's crazy summer schedules. We are still enjoying Quests of Yore as well and will squeeze in 2-3 quests this week.

James is still working on teaching the older 3 kids to swim. Kenny is doing well with riding his bike, and I no longer have to help him. I told him I'd remind him to practice before we go to NC. Katie is doing better about reading, too. Though she hasn't read every day, it's been about every other, which is much better than she was doing during the end of the school year.

Oh yeah, our car did need new brakes. I don't know how Grease Monkey didn't figure that out, but we had our tire place in Vernal do it. It wasn't very expensive, either, and I feel completely confident that we will have no car troubles now.

As of today, I've bought/reserved all the tickets we need for our trip and even bought all the food we'll need (I think). All we need to do it pack up and leave! When I write next, we will be in NC! (It will likely be Saturday since we'll be on the road till Friday night late.)

No comments:

Post a Comment