Thursday, December 14, 2023

Mom's Visit

Thursday, I picked up Mom from the Vernal airport in the afternoon. We went to the ward party that night, which was fun.

Friday morning, Mom and I went to the temple, then Deseret Book and Distribution. It took a little longer than expected, but we got home in time to spend 3 hours grinding elk meat with the boys. Joseph, Kenny, and I had a good system going. I chopped, Kenny ground, and Joseph wrapped. We completed 45 lbs. of meat. I made some dinner and we watched a show after the kids went to bed. James butchered the last quarter of elk.

Saturday after breakfast, the boys and I finished grinding all the elk. We ended up doing about 60 lbs. for Devin and 25 for us. With all the roasts and steaks we have, we got about 100 lbs. of meat. If we didn't plan on giving any away, that would last almost a year since we still have some deer left as well. It made for a very busy week, but it was good all the same. Saturday afternoon around 4, the missionaries came for dinner. (That's when their mission president wants them to come.) It was a little weird to eat that early, but we had delicious elk steaks cooked sous vide and finished by James, potatoes, and squash.

Sunday, everything went well with the Temple and Priesthood Prep meeting. I'd been stressing about it, of course, but it turned out good even though the music went a few minutes over.

Monday, I went on a walk with Mom. We went to see Wish for FHE. It was a cute movie, definitely a classic Disney plotline and FULL of Easter eggs. I'd watch it again. I delivered several loaves of bread to ministering families after we got back.

Tuesday, Mom and I went on another walk. We helped with the younger girls' activity group. Only 1 showed up, but we had fun doing quilts and chatting with the other ladies.

Wednesday, I took Joseph to the orthodontist while Mom went on a walk and got packed up. I dropped her off at the airport in the afternoon and immediately felt sad for the rest of the day. I made some Chex mix that didn't turn out perfect, so that made me feel annoyed AND sad. She made it home safely, though, we are missing her. It had been over 3 years since she visited last. Why does my family have to live so far away?

Today, I'm volunteering at the school (changed from Tuesday for this week). I'll hopefully finish the newest Sanderson book so the boys can get started on it. I had to cancel our playdate with the Nielsons since Samantha has a bit of a cough and they have tiny twins right now. I hate that we're not 100% healthy yet. Everyone else is fine except for Samantha, and this cough has lingered for quite a while.

As for projects, I'm not sure if I'm going to do some deep cleaning/decluttering that I've been putting off or start on the photos project. Maybe I'll do both at the same time. Haha. This house isn't too bad, but it lacks storage space and has a few problem areas that I need to attend to. I guess I have enough time before Christmas to get that all done if I want. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment