Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mothers Who Know

I know that everyone has heard this talk (well, members of the Church, anyway!) but I felt that I should read it today. Here's a quote that really stood out to me:

"Mothers who know are willing to live on less and consume less of the world’s goods in order to spend more time with their children—more time eating together, more time working together, more time reading together, more time talking, laughing, singing, and exemplifying."

This quote is especially applicable to me right now. It gives me peace and reminds me that I'm doing the right thing.

5 comments:

  1. I love that talk, as you probably know. ;) And yes, it's something that I think about all the time... that living frugally, and on less, is something that brings such richness into my life because it makes it so that we must by default be very home-centered. I think it applies too to when you have older kids... I feel like having quality time with my family, and really instilling in my children a love of the family, is much more important than spending big bucks on all kinds of sports and lessons and activities to fill all of their out-of-school hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. If they want to do those extra things, they will probably have to pay for it themselves. I'm not thinking that we'll have the extra.

      Delete
  2. Such a good talk! Thanks for the reminder!!

    PS. This has nothing to do with this post, but it makes me smile every time you talk about Vernal. I have a sister-in-law that grew up there so it's kind of funny to hear your different perspectives on it! I hope you're enjoying your new place!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! It's crazy how many people we've known with connections here. We are enjoying it quite a bit. :)

      Delete