Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekend Adventures

Well, today has not been my day. Both boys have been grumpy, which makes me grumpy. However, we had a very enjoyable Labor Day weekend. We did a little bit of exploring of the the cool stuff found in this area. There's a lot to do and see!

digging out bones with Joseph in the Dinosaur Museum

outside the museum in the gardens, the mighty stegosaurus

James showing off the allosaurus
The museum was one of the coolest I've ever been to! It shows a whole history of the earth and has a bunch of interactive exhibits. It's a good thing I believe in evolution, or it might not have been quite as cool. :)

Monday, we went on a short but grueling hike to see the petroglyphs. Coolest. Hike. Ever. (Though it definitely wasn't the easiest! I'm a wimpy hiker.)

driving up: you can see tons of layers of rock

a deer


warrior with shield


more people

yes, it's my other job
There were a lot more petroglyphs that I didn't even include, mainly because they're hard to see. We probably saw 100 pictures altogether. So cool! I don't love hiking, but I love the history that this area has and being able to see it. Now, why isn't gas cheaper?!


No comments:

Post a Comment