Friday, October 5, 2012

The Simple Life RETURNS!

It's been one heck of a week in the Head household. I'm used to a pretty laid-back schedule. I almost never leave the house while James is at work, and I'm totally cool with that.

We hosted James's whole family, minus his dad, who is in Ecuador. They arrived last Saturday and left today. We did a lot together, ate lots of yummy food, and had fun introducing his siblings to Star Trek: Enterprise.


I enjoyed the Relief Society broadcast last Saturday night. I wish I would’ve paid more attention, but that’s hard with a little boy who keeps doing cute things. My neighbor Chelsie came with us. There was dessert afterward, and it was yummy.

Other highlights:

Thrift stores: Okay, so one is a pawn shop. I found some hooks for the boys’ room and Melodie bought us a couch—our first ever---for the living room! I washed the covers and we vacuumed it out. It’s really comfy!

Dinosaur stuff. You just have to when you’re in Vernal.

The park.

The temple.

A date with free babysitting. We sure miss that.

I also got a calling. I’m nervous, but excited. I will share once I am actually sustained, so you have to wait 2 weeks. Let’s just say that I really need to practice. J

4 loads of laundry later, the house is just about back in order. I’m loving this gorgeous weather. I want it to stay forever. I can’t wait for Conference!

Also, my brother Christian is HOME from his mission. I can’t believe it’s been 2 years. Joseph was just a baby when he left. Kenny is 6 months old as of today, so we’re heading to the dr. to see how little he is. (Definitely not big: that child is a bean pole!)

And that is all. Enjoy the pictures.


Auntie Anna with Joseph at the park

Grandma and Kenny



This makes me happy!

Love this boy.


Uncle Joseph


wall of bones/ dinosaur quarry





Aunt Angie 

2 comments:

  1. I hear you! I hate it when I have busy weeks and end up being out of the house too much. I especially hate if I'm gone somewhere and Mahon gets home before I do... I don't know why. It seems to throw the balance of our home off somehow! Plus, then I'm tired and grouchy, and not all sweet and nice to greet him when he gets home. ;) (Not like I'm always sweet and nice to greet him anyway, sigh! But I do try.)

    In that first pic with Melodie, Kenny looks so much like Joseph! First time I've thought that. And I can't BELIEVE how big Joseph is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for family visits! Good luck on your calling. You'll do great (at anything!).

    ReplyDelete