Friday, December 7, 2012

Finished

I love when good things happen that I didn't expect. Last Saturday, we dropped off the kids and headed to the temple together for the first time in a while. James really wanted to do sealings, but they don't usually have them on Saturdays. We were in luck, because the session was overcrowded, so we got to do sealings anyway! It was wonderful. I love living close to a temple.

frayed denim curtains in the boys' room
I spent the rest of my Saturday finishing a few projects and doing a little Christmas shopping. James gave me a "day off". I came home to feed Kenny when needed, but other than that, I was on my own. I really hate shopping, so I got tired of it after 2 hours and a couple of stores. I didn't find anything good at D.I., but I did get curtain rods. I hung the curtains a few days ago.

It's been busy this week because of parent/teacher conferences, but James got home earlier than expected (7 instead of 8). Anything past 4 p.m. without James is really tough. It reminds me of when he worked at night school. I'm so glad that teachers have normal schedules! I will take being a little poor any day over having lots of money but no husband at home. I like the teacher schedule. It works really well for me and the kids.

ruffled curtain in the kitchen
My scriptures have been found! I thought I'd never see them again, but they were in the church lost and found. Hallelujah! I can't wait to get them back.

Our weather has been awesome, and I've been feeling good despite the short days. It's not that cold and there's no snow, but I'm okay with that. :)

Netflix  and Hulu may be the death of me. It's so easy to get sucked into good shows.


I can run a mile a little faster now. I'm not going to tell how fast, because I'm still REALLY slow. Yes. Longer than 10 minutes. Short, stocky frames aren't made for speed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment