Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Recent Happenings

I love living in a house. It's a huge contrast to the really trashy apartment we lived in until almost a month ago. This first month has really flown by since I've kept myself so busy with home projects. Don't worry, I haven't purposely tried to overexert myself, but yet I still have. Oops. I suppose that's in my nature. Despite this being my third time pregnant, it still seems to drag on forever. I don't try to be especially pessimistic about it, but some familiar achy muscles have returned to remind me that even after all I do, there is still going to be some discomfort over these last 10 weeks.

10 weeks! I'm 3/4 of the way done. It almost seems like a brand-new experience since I'm having a little girl this time. I almost feel like I have no idea what to expect. I guess we'll see how little girls are different from little boys. I can't imagine this little girl being any different (personality-wise) than the boys already are from each other. They are like night and day.

But I was talking about projects. Most of the things I've done have been small things: some deep cleaning on the few areas that the former owners missed, unpacking the last few boxes, a little bit of OCD organizing to make sure I've put everything where I want, etc. I've also had some fun. The pictures will speak for themselves.

New church schedule = tired and cranky children all day. Sundays are not my favorite right now.

This jackrabbit is HUGE and hangs out in our yard a lot.

James's end-of-summer gift to himself. I enjoyed shooting it while Joseph pulled the trap.

Kenny loves to draw with sidewalk chalk! Our patio is covered in art.

James built this little house from pallets. Joseph likes it, but not as much as riding his trike.

We had FHE on the patio with "fire marshmallows" as the treat. I still burn all of mine.

I made this! It's one of those OCD projects that makes me feel crafty.

Same here, but it means no more moldy bath toys. Thanks, Pinterest and D.I.!

Little girl's room. I made these curtains from a sheet I got at D.I., so they cost me $2. Our house came with curtain rods already installed in most of the rooms. :)

The other side of little girl's room. The pillow matches the curtains! I was trying to fix the 3rd drawer in the dresser, but I broke it. That's what happens when you're still using a $5 dresser 4 years later...

Some bows I made for little girl, and a shot of her. 10 weeks left!

Last view of the room. She gets to host my keyboard and vacuum...for now.
Other than that, the summer is winding down and James start school on Monday. We finally had some friends from dinner on Sunday, the first time in about 6 months. I also called an old roommate that I haven't talked to since Christmas. I'm such a slacker at communicating with people, but friends are everything to me! (So if I never talk to you, I am very sorry! I still love you.)



2 comments:

  1. I figure we're still friends even though it's mostly through blogging that we talk these days. When you're in Utah and I'm in Illinois that has to count, right? Good luck with the homestretch of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Most definitely! I count this as talking. :)

      Delete