Thursday, February 6, 2014

Babies

Such confusing little creatures. I think I know what to expect, but then I don't. Nothing about them makes a lot of sense until they learn to communicate, and even then...

Katie has acted grumpy since lunchtime today. I've held her, but she cries. I put in her in swing, but she cries. I burped her, but no luck (and that hasn't been a big issue recently anyway). So, for right now, she is crying in the other room lest I pull my hair out. I think she's just tired, really, but she keeps fighting sleep and making it a lot worse.

Potty training has commenced in this house with no success whatsoever. Everyone I've talked to says that boys take a long time. It's the last thing I want to do, really, and I'd much rather hire it out to some willing person. After all, I don't feel like potty training my son is going to improve our relationship at all. It's not like people bond over poop.

The week has been pretty uneventful. All I want right now is a moment where no one needs me for anything.

We did file our taxes, so our return will enable us to buy another car. It won't be anything super nice, but it's time to get something besides the Corolla to hold 3 car seats.

Oh, and I have lost weight...about 6 pounds so far this year, and 6.5 inches. I'm well on my way to making my goal by mid-year (though I'll be happy to reach it by the time Katie turns one.)

And now I will end so nothing else pessimistic makes it to this page.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs and appreciate your candor. We too have commenced operation potty training. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel you both on the babies confusing and potty training. Good luck and remember tomorrow is another day and it will be better.

    ReplyDelete