Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oops...

It's been a while since I last posted. I remember when I blogged twice a week, and now I'm lucky to get one time in! Oh well. Life gets busy.

Dad and Myles visited for President's Day weekend. Myles is quite the baker and made us a chocolate PB cheesecake and banana bread. We celebrated by spending a few presidents on a new TV. It was long overdue. The audio/video connections on our ancient TV were starting to mess up, and even replacing the cables didn't help. We had to keep jiggling them to get them to work.

So yes, we received our tax return. We were originally going to purchase an inexpensive family car, but a prayer later convinced us that now isn't the right time, so we put most of the money in savings. I just received Katie's LAST bill in the mail, so she will be all paid off as well! :) We got a few fun things off Amazon - some Wii games, a sprouter for me, as well as some new curry pastes to try. I'm pretty excited. I realize that it's really hard for me to spend money on myself. We both got 100 bucks to spend on whatever we want. I still have over half of it, and I have no idea what to buy. Haha. I'm sure I'll think of something...

As for awesome purchases, I found some stools at D.I. for $2 a piece. After painting, the cost about doubled, but they look great. I'm usually horrible at projects like that, but I can wield a can of spray paint! It was just in time to set up my keyboard at the kitchen counter (bar, really). I got called to play the piano in Primary during second hour. I love it. It gets me motivated to practice more often, because I struggle with that. I also still get to go to Relief Society, which I love.

My other awesome purchase was a big wooden dollhouse for $4. I need to paint or touch it up with a wood marker, but I'm so excited. It will be perfect for Katie whether she's playing with Little Tykes people or Barbies. It also has wheels, which is great since it's so heavy.

As for health, no more colds in this house! I did have a bit of a bug yesterday, so I was really weak and tired, but I am completely better now. I am happy to report that I've lost 7.8 lbs. and 11.5 inches so far this year. That makes me so happy!

The kids are doing great. Katie is 4 months old, starting to grab everything, and shows anger when we take things from her that she shouldn't be chewing on. She still wakes up twice a night, but that's because she goes to bed at 8:00 now instead of 10:00. I'm very grateful for that. I love having a girl to dress up and put pigtails in her hair. :)

I think that's about it for our lives the last few weeks. We're taking a short day trip to meet up with James's family this weekend. It should be fun. (Day trips = minimal packing!)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for tax returns! This is the first year we made enough to have to pay a significant amount of taxes. Actually, since taxes weren't be withheld from Greg's paycheck we owed enough money that I think we only netter $24 this year. You sound like you're staying busy and blessed. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete