Thursday, September 4, 2014

Life with 3

It's been a while since I wrote about our day-to-day happenings. Every day is a little different, but now that Katie has a schedule for napping, we do similar things at similar times.

6:30 - 45 Kids wake up. Breakfast. Dad leaves for work around 7.

7:30 Finish eating, clean up the kitchen, prep for dinner. This is when I do all the chopping, making sauces, etc. Kids are always grumpy during normal dinner time!

8:00 Dress kids. Cleaning chores. I have 1-2 things I do each day, so I only spend 30 minutes on cleaning outside of the kitchen, which always needs cleaning. ;)

8:30 Work out. Nothing intense here, because I am simply too lazy. I use DVD's and do half an hour.

9:00 Practice piano. Read to the kids. Usually, someone is crying by the end of one of these...

9:45 - 10:00ish Katie goes down for a nap, so I shower and put a movie on for the kids. I also read my scriptures then.

10:30 - 12:00 Work on other chore for the day. This is something not related to cleaning, such as doing the finances, catching up on scrapbooking, blogging, or sewing. I have a big project I've been doing lately, so it takes up a lot of this time. If Katie's awake, then things shift to accommodate her. She doesn't play well with her brothers yet.

12:00 Lunch

12:30 - 1:00 Kenny goes down for a nap.

2:00 - 3:00 Katie goes down for a nap.

4:00 Kids wake up. During nap time, Joseph has quiet time with puzzles, library books, etc. I work on projects or relax with a book.

4:00-6:00 Dad comes home. Family goes out. Our favorite places are D.I., the library, and the park. If anyone has a doctor's appointment, it's usually at 4:00.

5:00-6:00 Dinner.

6:30 Clean up while Dad plays with the kids or reads book.

7:30-8:00 Kids go to bed after protests and demands for drinks of water.

8:00 - 10:30 Down time!

10:30 Tired Mom and Dad go to bed.

The big project is going well. I've scanned in photos for 4 of us so far and organized everything by year. So far, I think I've spent about 50 hours on it with many hours to go. It's a lot of fun to see old pictures of everyone, though, and I can't wait to start making photo books.

3 comments:

  1. So are you digital scrapbooking? Which site are you using? There are so many to choose from. Let me know how it goes. I want to get ours done sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Shutterfly and love it. They give me a free photo book about every 6-9 months, so I only play shipping (about 8 bucks), which makes it well worth it. If you sign up with their site, they send emails with all kinds of promotions. I'm not sure, but I think I get all the free books because I spent a lot on wedding announcements, but I don't know. If you just want prints to put in physical books, Walmart.com is the best way to go. They are 9 cents each. No one else has such a good deal with no strings attached.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to review someone else's homemaking/mothering schedule and be inspired. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete