Thursday, August 6, 2015

When the Family Gets Together

Thinking about the past two weeks is making my head spin a little. It went by so fast! Hopefully I remember it all.

7/24 Pioneer Day, we went to the parade in the morning. Vernal's parade is the perfect length that just as you feel hot or bored, it's over. The kids enjoyed running out to get candy. We ate dinner together as a family at home.

7/25 We took a day trip around a big loop of the southern part of the county. This included Fantasy Canyon, Ouray Wildlife Refuge, and Pelican Lake (though we only looked and didn't stop.) We are dinner together and everyone went shooting while I read a book. They got a small rabbit.

7/26 Church. Myles and James drove to Salt Lake to pick up Mom from the airport.

7/27 Brinson built a cover for the HVAC out of scrap wood and Myles installed new struts on the car (better known as shocks, though they are not the same thing). Christian was feeling lazy, so I had him help me clean out the cars. We were going to cook out, but it was too windy.

7/28 Did a temple session and family names. We had our cookout at Remember the Maine Park and then drove to Moonshine Arch. It was really nice outside.

7/29 We went to the Dinosaur Quarry and saw the wall of bones. After dinner, Mom stayed with the kids while we saw Ant Man in the theater. It was a pretty good movie!

7/30 The kids left for St. George (and the Grand Canyon, Kentucky, and home in NC) while Mom helped me take my kids to the last summer activity at the library. They had a blast getting pops, cotton candy, popcorn, and free books for finishing the program. During naptime, Mom helped me tie one of the jean quilts.

7/31 Mom and I went grocery shopping and got the rest of the supplies we needed for the quilts. We tied the second quilt and I sewed both together. She also helped me make a dress for Katie out of one of James's old shirts.

8/1 Joseph had a birthday party for the neighbor down the street. We hung out, and I finished sewing Katie's dress. Mom and I finished watching When Calls the Heart on Netlflix. It's a very clean romantic series that reminds me a little of Anne of Green Gables.

8/2 Church. We relaxed in the afternoon and talked to family as usual.

8/3 We picked 47 lbs. of apricots at a neighbor's house. We went to a park in Jensen for a cookout and FHE after failing to see a lake we were looking for. (It had no public access.)

8/4 The boys and I drove Mom to the airport. We had a fun lunch at Chick-fil-a and then came home. I caught up on some baking.

8/5 I started processing the apricots by making salsa with them. It's got an interesting flavor. I started my first day of babysitting for a neighbor whose husband works 2 weeks on, 2 off. She needs me 2 days a week from 4:45-9:15. It went okay until 8:30 when the baby started crying and wouldn't stop. I survived. The two girls were great and played with my kids for a while. I know it will get easier.

8/6 Make peppricot jam and ran out of pectin, so I set the rest of the puree aside to make sweet jam once I shop again. Dried the rest, so I'm done with apricots! Registered Joseph for Kindergarten. I have less than an hour before babysitting. I finished sewing the rows on another quilt, so tomorrow I will sew them all together.

Whew. And we have more family visiting next week!

Now for pictures.

Fantasy Canyon




Ouray


Moonshine Arch

the view from up high

the Quarry


Brinson made it!

Mom helped me make the dress. Katie loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment