Thursday, December 3, 2015

Gratitude, Pt. 3

20. James's school gives him an iPad to use. It makes a perfect source of entertainment for my kids in the car and makes the drive seem much shorter.

21. We arrived (and drove home) safely, even though there was a wreck on the way there and a little snow on the way back.

22. I get to visit all 4 of James's grandparents almost every time we go to Rexburg. I'm sad that 2 of my grandparents have passed away and the other 2 live so far away, but I'm grateful for the 4 I have gained.

23. We were able to stick to our Christmas budget, even though it still hasn't increased since we got married. Black Friday can be a blessing, though I am no hardcore shopper. James did the shopping for me, for the most part.

24. We always have enough food to eat. USD gives a certificate for 50 bucks every year, so we were able to stock our freezer and get a few fun extras.

25. We have a warm house to live in. It's been getting the negatives at night, which makes me that much more grateful for a good heater!

26. The snow makes everything look so glittery. It covers up all the dead plants and makes the yard look nice.

27. Our awesome neighbors shoveled our driveway while we were gone. Such a wonderful thing to see when we came home!

28. Our other awesome neighbors took care of feeding the cat.

29. We have a really wonderful ward. Someone left a Christ-centered book for me to use with my family on my front doorstep. I don't know who, but it made my day.

30. Joseph got his first report card, and he is doing great in school. I'm so happy that he loves to learn.

I can't believe November is already gone. Welcome, December! My mood has brightened considerably since October. Maybe it's like PMS - the month before winter is so much worse than the actual winter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment