Thursday, March 30, 2017

My Birthday

Friday, we went to the library and picked up a few things at the store while I took Joseph out for his Book It pizza. We then went home and watched Trolls for family movie night. It wasn't as dumb as I thought it'd be. We had some cake and ice cream too.

Saturday, I had the most amazing birthday! It started off awesome because Lewis slept from 9:45 to 6:45, which meant I got a full 8 hours of sleep. I realized that my mild "blah" feeling comes from not getting quite enough sleep during the week. I usually get about 7 hours, which is enough for me physically but not enough mentally.

James made me breakfast, a delicious omelet, while I fed Lewis. We went to the Outdoor Expo and looked around. The kids loved it because they got free candy and played in a pirate ship. We also visited D.I. and got a few things for Lewis, like an umbrella stroller and front pack since our previous ones wore out. James made lunch with one of my presents - a new waffle iron. We spent the afternoon relaxing and eating snacks while watching TV. James and I went out to dinner at Vernal Brewing Company. It was absolutely delicious! There actually aren't very many restaurants we haven't been to yet, maybe 10 out of the 40, but they are the expensive ones. Hopefully we will be able to go on dates more often and experience the rest.

Once the kids went to bed, we hung out with Lewis and had some more cake and ice cream. (I was SO stuffed at this point.) Everything about the day was great except perhaps for my overeating to the point of being uncomfortable. It was delicious, though!

Monday, we had FHE with the kids and watched Studio C.

Tuesday, I went to the temple after dinner since it was my turn. I really felt the Spirit. Sometimes I am more sleepy and don't pay attention as well as I should.

Wednesday, James took the kids out for an adventure while I relaxed with Lewis.

I'm struggling with how I look right now. I feel really fat even though I look exactly like I did after my other boys. (After Katie I was 10 lbs. heavier than now, which really showed up in my face.) What I really need to do is stop worrying so much, but it's hard. Though it is possible for me to lose some weight now, it's hard for me to be motivated when I don't get quite enough sleep and wake up feeling grumpy. I know I'll get there. I'm going to ask James to put the scale away where I can't find it and just rely on my tape measure.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything and sometimes stress has to do with weight so if you can try not to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete