Thursday, July 19, 2018

So Tired, HFMD?

I'm at the point now where something always hurts. It's usually my back or feet. Yesterday I sat on ice packs for 3 hours to recover from mopping the kitchen floor. Sad day. These past 7 1/2 months have been incredibly difficult and are not getting any easier.

Saturday, we went to the library and checked out the craft fair. It's always too expensive to actually buy anything, but it's fun to look around.

Joseph started getting blisters on his hands and complaining about itchy feet. I think I finally came to the conclusion that everyone in the family (except for me) had HFMD over the past few weeks, since Lewis's fever. It's weird that they all had different symptoms and we never did have an official diagnosis, but it makes sense for everyone to have had the same virus, not three different ones.

James - the whole deal with fever; blisters on hands, feet, and face

Joseph - headache, blisters on hands, itchy feet

Kenny - one small sore near his nose/mouth, runny nose

Katie - several sores near her nose/mouth, runny nose

Lewis - fever that lasted a week

me - NOTHING!

I guess I'll never know for sure, but I'm glad it's all over.

Aside from getting over illness, it's been another routine week. Summer has been challenging for me because of my low energy, but I think the kids are still having fun and not totally rotting their brains. (They read every day!) It should be a pretty relaxing weekend - no real plans, but that's okay because we have a holiday on the 24th, reunion on the 28th, and another reunion from the 2nd - 9th of August. The rest of the summer is really going to fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment