Thursday, December 6, 2018

Christmas Season

I'm enjoying December this year. I guess it helps that a few years ago, I prioritized all our activities and traditions by week so I'd always know what to be doing without getting overwhelmed.

Saturday, our Relief Society had their annual breakfast, which was fun. The kids and I made a chocolate (rather than gingerbread) house and decorated it.

For FHE, we have been doing service from Light the World. So far, we have donated stuff to D.I. and sent our old phones to Medic Mobile so they can be used in 3rd-world countries. It was a bit of a sacrifice for the kids because they used to play on those phones in the car on long trips. I was also apprehensive about giving away all our backup phones, but it felt good all the same.

We had our ward party on Tuesday, a Polar Express theme. The kids were great and even loved sitting on Santa's lap. I think Katie sort of believes, but the boys definitely don't because I've never really told them the story. Instead, every year I remind them not to be a buzzkill for their friends. Haha.

I guess that's it for this week aside from our ordinary doings. Life is busy with all these little ones, but I'm keeping up most of the time. Samantha keeps on getting easier and more fun. Her blessing is coming up on the 16th and people start arriving next week, so I'd better get planning! It's a direct contrast to Joseph's baptism, which I worried about for probably 6 months before it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment