Thursday, September 17, 2020

Baby Shower, Colds, Organizing, Shed Update

Friday and Saturday, I helped with the shed. I painted all the trim, the ceiling, and the walls. I guess I've had a fair amount of practice with it. I'm definitely no expert in any of the other stuff we've done so far! It was pretty stressful to come in and have to cook, finish the laundry, and clean the house, but I'm really glad I spent the time helping. I went to a surprise baby shower for a friend in my ward, and it was really fun. I then brought home dinner for everyone from KFC. It's tradition for when Grandpa visits.

We had a very restful Sunday and watched Coco as part of church. Dad left Sunday afternoon, so we put the house back together.

Monday morning, Joseph woke up with a sore throat and cough. That made me really nervous, needless to say, so we got him tested for Covid-19. Thankfully, it was negative. He hasn't been terribly sick, but I kept him home from school all week. It's easy to do that now that everything is also online. Last I checked, our county only has 13 active cases, and they've been going down since school started. I did cancel the dentist, which I hate to do, but we're rescheduled for next month.

I've been organizing a ton of stuff this week. Since we're getting so close to finishing the shed, I cleaned out the trailer (which was James's office March-May) and moved everything over there that isn't a tool or related to lawn care or home improvement. Mostly, that means outdoor sports stuff, holiday stuff, and suitcases. Then, I took everything out of the storage shed and sorted it by category.

As for Rivendell (A.K.A. "the cabin"), here's what we worked on this week:
-finished painting the ceiling and walls
-finished trimming all the windows, including caulk and paint
-deep cleaned all the windows and tracks
-added foam insulation and another layer of subfloor to the entryway

What we have left:
-ceiling trim
-door trim
-apex trim
-flooring
-baseboards

There are some other odds and ends, and I'll need to add caulk and touch up the paint. Hopefully, only 1 more trip to Lowe's will suffice! (Well, maybe in a perfect world.) It's starting to stress me out because of how close we're getting. I'm anxious to return the big tools we're borrowing so I can build shelves in the storage shed and actually be able to find things.

No comments:

Post a Comment