Thursday, September 24, 2020

Sheds, Shots, Dentist

Saturday, James's friend Devin came over and helped us all day on the shed (cabin). James and I also worked really hard all of Monday afternoon and evening. We finished everything except for the transition! I'm doing that today after James buys some screws.

I had a really busy week finishing up the small details in the cabin. I also built shelves for our storage shed, cleaned it thoroughly, and painstakingly put everything away. I hated that it started raining because that meant I felt rushed, even though Utah rain is usually a 10-minute sprinkle. In the afternoons, we started putting things away in the cabin. We have a reading nook, game area (with a cabinet we got for free), and an office area. It looks really cozy and awesome. I'll put pictures of everything up on Sunday when I finish the last tiny details. I have to finish that transition and spray paint our old chairs. I am really excited to move on to something different next week. It's been really intense getting the cabin done these past 7 weeks.

We all got our flu shots on Tuesday. It was relatively painless, and we even ran into both people that we needed to return tools to! I'd call that a tender mercy. One of them is a fairly long drive from our house.

I went to the dentist yesterday, which was amazing. I know that sounds weird, but I hadn't been since May of last year. The dentist filed down a chip on my front tooth, so I feel a lot less self-conscious about my smile. I'm also really happy to have a new toothbrush. It's the little things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment