Thursday, October 1, 2020

Finished, Projects

We finished the cabin! We've been starting to decorate it, but that will likely take more time. We're trying to do that cheaply and with a fantasy theme, it's pretty easy to make or track things down if you're patient. I'm thinking we'll have elements from Lord of the Rings (of course), Harry Potter, and comic book superheroes.

We hosted our first game night with a few friends on Friday, and it was really fun. Saturday, I mowed the lawn; disconnected all the hoses; and spray painted the chairs, the stools, and the bottom of the bench black. I also helped James install a giant TV he found at a yard sale. Both projects took longer than expected, and I'd been hoping for a lazy Saturday. I wasn't too happy that I didn't get a break until 2 P.M.

This week was a lot less busy. I did a few errands yesterday to escape, so that was really nice. I also worked on a few sewing projects and fixed a few things that needed it inside the house. I really don't like fixing things most of the time, but I like the final result. The toddlers are still driving me crazy and make me wish I had a job outside the home.

I have a few small sewing projects left, but I'm not sure what I'll do next. It's nice not to have a huge, time-consuming project looming over my head, but I miss it at the same time. I know that's totally crazy, but it gave me purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment