Thursday, October 29, 2020

Head Visit, Katie's 7th Birthday, Projects, Outbreak

Last Thursday evening, James's parents, Anna, and Joseph arrived. They brought Papa Murphy's, which we enjoyed. I attended parent/teacher conferences in person since I suspect school will shut down by Thanksgiving. More on that later. It was really great to talk to the kids' teachers. They are all doing really well, except for Katie's Friday computer stuff. I already knew that, though, and we're going to keep working on getting her to do a good job instead of complaining and thrashing around the whole time. She is progressing in her reading, and sometimes we even get it done before school!

We celebrated Katie's birthday on Friday night with Swedish pancakes (made by Grandpa) and ice cream roll cake. I also checked our covid numbers earlier, saw how much they jumped, and made fudge. Needless to say, we had tons of sugar that day. We played Betrayal at House on the Hill. Our scenario was all about an alien virus - no fair! We lost horribly, too. It was a little bit close to home.

I turned a large cabinet into a coat closet by installing hooks, cleaned out all the winter stuff, built a shelf for James's wire trees, and made Katie some leggings from some of my old ones that don't fit me anymore. Yes, I sized up again. It turns out that once I quit dieting, which was around the start of the pandemic, I didn't stay the size I was in high school. Oh well. I mostly quit caring or stepping on the scale at all. Though it's freeing to eat whenever I'm hungry, I don't always like how I look. That was true before, though. My mother-in-law says that if you don't like how you look, just wait 20 years. ;)

My county is not doing well with the coronavirus. Since the beginning of October, we've been heading toward an outbreak, and the rising numbers suggest we've reached it. It stresses me out A LOT. I had reached a point where I mostly felt "okay", but that has changed yet again. There haven't been a lot of cases in the schools, not enough to close them down, but I see that happening within the next few weeks if the trend continues. I just really hope the district makes the right decision on when to shut things down. I feel like they've done a good job so far, but I'm getting a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment