Thursday, October 8, 2020

Conference, Broken, Happy, Fall Break Plans

We really enjoyed watching General Conference as a family. I especially enjoyed the women's session. It gave me a lot of peace and clarity that I'd been looking for. I made the first set of curtains for the cabin, but they'll be temporary since they're made from an old sheet and don't look super great. They do keep the glare off the TV, though.

I kept Kenny home this week since he's been coughing. He got what Joseph had, so it's not anything serious, but we're trying to be extra careful not to spread anything at school. So far, there have been no cases at the kids' elementary school but 1 at the high school, not in James's class that we know of. Cases are starting to go up overall, though. I'm getting a little nervous, even though there's nothing resembling an outbreak in the schools (15 in a school or 3 in one class).

Our dishwasher is broken. The motor burned out. That's our 3rd one in 7 years. Each one seems to last half as long as the previous, with this one only making it 14 months. Ugh. I'm going to go look at new ones today, and hopefully we can install a new one this weekend. I'm so sick of replacing them. I suppose they aren't cut out for being run twice a day anymore. You'd think I'd been washing glass shards, but the only glass things I really own are Mason jars, and those things are super sturdy.

Despite having to wash dishes by hand, I feel happy this week. I finished all my sewing projects, deep cleaned the girls' room, and did some baking, even delivering some goodies to new neighbors and ones who are moving away. I even started exercising most days. I can't usually make it past 30 minutes, but I can tell it's making a difference with my mood. Surgery really threw off my groove, but I'm slowly getting it back.

I don't completely know what we'll do for fall break since we won't be traveling, but I do know that I'm going to build a long shelf in the boys' room for their Lego creations. We'll also deep clean their room. I'm getting some pumpkins today, so we should be able to carve those next week too.

It's funny, but I know I'm feeling semi-normal because of what I've been able to do. Getting out of bed and cooking breakfast doesn't guarantee that I'm feeling happy, but a big organizing project or baking multiple items probably does. I hope it lasts. It's been a tough year.

2 comments:

  1. That stinks about the dishwasher. I hope you can find one that will last. Glad your starting to feel a bit better 2020 has been crazy and it can make for some hard emotions. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We ended up getting one from our neighbors for $50! I'll write more about it next week. It's always great to hear from you. One of these days, we'll travel again and stop by to see you on the way to NC.

      Delete