Thursday, August 19, 2021

Last Days of Summer, A Small Rant

We went to a couple of fun things this past week. The kids had been asking to go to the splash park in Naples, so we took them and hung out for an hour. I had a new book from the library to enjoy while the kids were playing. Even Samantha got a little bit wet.

Our ward/neighborhood had a party down at the Allreds' house, and that was fun too. I managed to be polite to everyone, even those I've had to unfollow on social media for being contentious. Though there aren't many, their online voices are very loud and grating. I just use social media so I can know how people and their families are doing.

I went to the temple on Tuesday, and I had mixed feelings about it. The email for the appointment confirmation clearly stated that we should wear masks. All the temple workers did, but only 1/4 of the patrons had masks. Not for the first time, I'm disappointed in my town's lack of belief in the pandemic, especially members of the church. They've ignored counsel from every layer of church authority, claiming that they know best. Suddenly, the prophet's counsel is "only a suggestion." I could go on, but I don't want to keep being angry over it. The best I can do is keep taking care of family. It's not like this is the first time that others' stupid decisions have affected me, and it won't be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment