Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A Weird Week

I'll be honest, there have been some really stressful moments since we got back from ID. First, we decided it was a good idea to get boosters since we got Covid from our family in NC last time. These boosters had no side effects for the kids, but James and I were really tired and achy for 36 hours and had sore arms. It was a lot like the 2nd shot, maybe a little worse. That made things tough.

Thursday night, we tried going to see the new Thor movie with some friends. Unfortunately, there were technical difficulties, so we went home after sitting in the theater for an hour. :( We got some ice cream, but still, I was super disappointed.

Saturday afternoon, Lewis jumped off the couch and slammed his head into James's knee, resulting in a mild concussion. I played games with our DND friends, plus Samantha's parents, while James took Lewis to the hospital. Though it was hard to focus, I still won 7 Wonders.

Sunday, we visited the grave of James's 3rd great-grandfather in Vernal. It took a little while to find, but it was exciting. We're planning on visiting a cemetery in NC that happens to be 30 minutes from Myles's house and has graves for some of James's 3G and 4G grandparents.

Monday, we split up to see Thor at different times. I really enjoyed it and laughed a lot. I like that most Marvel movies manage to deal with serious, sad topics while still being funny. James got some errands done while I caught up on things at home.

Tuesday, we played DND.

Wednesday, I took Lewis in for a checkup. He got a clean bill of health, so no more worrying about the concussion. I did laundry, packed, and cleaned to get ready for our trip. James brought me lunch to help make the day a little less stressful. I made a point a few trips ago to give the kids more responsibilities and have them keep track of their own stuff. It helps A LOT. Sometimes I forget that they can accomplish quite a bit on their own. This trip has been only a fraction as stressful to plan for. We didn't make any reservations until a few days ago. We're also going to do the drive in 3 days instead of 4 (so, fewer activities along the way), but we're hoping it will be cheaper than last year's as well. We shall see. I do know that gas is more than a dollar cheaper in NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment