Thursday, July 7, 2022

Rexburg, 4th of July

We had a good Friday with everyone. I got the laundry done and had a little time to read. Angie and her new boyfriend, Steve, came over for dinner.

Saturday, we went to Kelly Canyon to find obsidian. After lunch, we went to Victor to go kayaking and have a cookout with Grandma and Grandpa Head. Despite the rain and hail, it was really fun.

Sunday was relatively relaxing. Some of my in-laws' friends came over for dinner. The internet worked well enough for me to talk to my family too.

We had a really busy 4th, starting with a concert for Anna and Grandpa Lee at the park in Firth. We all made it on time and enjoyed the music and breakfast. We decided to skip the Rexburg parade and went back for a rest. I really needed that nap. We showed up at the park in Rexburg just in time for Joseph's concert. The little kids played in the splash park for a bit before we headed back. We went to the Lees' in Rigby for a delicious cookout. Then, it was time to head to Idaho Falls for the fireworks while the little kids went back to Rexburg to go to bed. We really enjoyed the fireworks, even though it was a long wait before and after. We played a board game with Sam and Jesse while we were waiting. I hated waiting to get out of the parking lot. We sat there for 40 minutes without moving once. Thankfully, we made it back to Rexburg and got a good night's sleep.

We traveled home on Tuesday and made it back in one piece. Our only real stop was at a park in Tremonton, where we ate pizza. Wednesday was a lot of catching up, and to be honest, I haven't been super excited about today either. I'm starting to stress about the NC trip since we haven't planned much of it yet. I think I need some food and a nap before I worry about anything else. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment