Wednesday, October 12, 2022

A Weird Cold, Ice Cream

Well, that carnival on Thursday was fun. The past 6 days haven't been too fun because I've got a minor cold with weird symptoms. I had headaches for a few days before painting, but now I just have lightheadedness and fatigue (made worse by working really hard and inhaling paint fumes). It's really driving me crazy, even though I don't have congestion/runny nose/coughing. I get tired much more easily and can't do anything for too long. Since yesterday, I've been able to do a normal amount of work, but it feels like recovery is going way too slow.

We did game night on Saturday, which was fun.

I feel like my lesson on Sunday went well even though I had the worst brain fog while trying to prepare it.

James had parent/teacher conferences on Monday, so we didn't see him much. The kids and I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and finished it yesterday.

Today has been a challenge so far. I'm trying to get everything done before we leave for Rexburg tomorrow. I'm also trying to get enough rest in between tasks so I won't burn out before we even leave. I've already pushed a few things until we get back since they're not essential.

I haven't liked the last few ice creams I've made. I think I'm going to throw in the towel with  mint (at least for now), but I want to perfect salted caramel. I also haven't figured out how to make a good fudge swirl (like moose tracks) that doesn't taste weird once it's frozen. Chocolate + butter ganache is NOT the answer. I'm not going to give up, though!

Despite my illness, I've really enjoyed October so far. The weather is wonderful, and the leaves are starting to look beautiful. Our drive tomorrow will be absolutely gorgeous, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment