Thursday, October 6, 2022

Conference, Canning, Painting, Walking

It's been a crazy week so far. James and I went to See How They Run (a movie), which we really enjoyed.

We watched all of Conference over the weekend, which was great. I patched a few holes to get ready for painting. We had friends over for the Sunday morning session and lunch.

Monday, I touched up the paint in the cabin. Since we painted it 2 years ago, I figured I'd better use up the paint before it dried up and had to be thrown away. I mixed the colors that were left so I'd have about a gallon to use for the laundry room. I helped my neighbors pick a bunch of tomatoes.

Tuesday, I completely cleared out the laundry room with help from James. I had Joseph scrub the floor since I was pretty wiped out by then. I also made 30 lbs. of tomatoes into 5 qts. of sauce. I still can't believe how much they cook down. I felt like I was elbow deep in tomato guts all morning.

Wednesday, I primed and painted the laundry room walls and shelves. I finished around 3 P.M., just in time to take a shower and take Katie to an activity. I really hurt by the end of the day. While I was waiting on the primer to dry, I prepped all the ingredients for salsa.

Today, I'm making a double batch of salsa with the rest of the tomatoes. I should get about 6 pints. I've also got grocery pickup, a trip to D.I. to drop off some stuff, and putting the laundry room back together. I already scrubbed the floor one more time so it can be extra clean before I put everything back. I'm so excited. I also need to do laundry again.

I started walking with Katie, who teaches with James and often comes for game nights. We did Monday but not yesterday since we were both so busy. I'm hoping to walk with her 3 times a week.

I've now painted every room in this house except for the bedroom closets. Though my week has been super stressful due to lack of sleep, more manual labor than I'm used to, and no usable dining room, I know it'll be worth it.

We're taking the kids to the community carnival at the park today. It'll be a welcome rest after working so hard on the house. It also has free food, which means I don't have to cook dinner and mess up the clean kitchen (coming soon this afternoon after I put everything away, finish canning, and mop the floor.) Whew. I need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment