Thursday, July 13, 2023

Alex's Baptism, Ghost Town, Climate

Saturday, we had a pretty busy day with Alex's baptism. It was sweet and spiritual. During the afternoon, we went to his birthday party, which took up a couple of hours and included several pinatas. I've gotten to know several of the Boyles' family members since I see them every year at the party.

Monday, James took Kenny into the mountains to Big Brush Creek Cave and to find Bullionville, an old ghost town. They were successful this time since James looked up directions and found a dropped pin. They found some old cabins and mining equipment. The younger kids and I painted a chalkboard on the back of the cabin. Unfortunately, it didn't work super well since the wood is really rough. For FHE, we watched Napoleon Dynamite and ate tater tots. The kids' reactions were really funny.

Tuesday, I had a presidency meeting. It went really well, and we finished the official business in record time. We stayed talking about other stuff for another hour, though. Haha.

Yesterday, we went to the rec center. James took the kids to the library to give me some time to read alone. It was awesome. It's so much better to take a break before I have a breakdown.

Today, we have the Primary social at Sis. Hall's house. There are supposed to be over 40 people there. I think it'll be a lot of fun, even though it's been super hot recently.

Climate is one thing that continues to baffle me a bit. My big question is why Rexburg, ID, has a greater difference in their day/night temperatures than we do. Rexburg is more humid (though still not very) on average and at a lower elevation than Vernal. Yet, the difference between night and day for them is often 40 degrees while ours is more like 30. I need an expert to advise me.


No comments:

Post a Comment