Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Social, Drive In, Meat Fest, Relaxing

The Primary social on Thursday went really well, I think. James and the kids helped out a lot with getting the Halls' yard ready. There were 35 people there, which was great. The food was delicious, and the games were pretty fun too. We didn't get home till about 9:45, and we had tons of leftovers with us. I'm not complaining. I didn't have to cook again till Sunday.

Saturday was pretty busy. The Nielsons moved, so we helped with that. We ended up with a flat tire, but we got a new one at Walmart. We then hurried to a wedding reception for one of James's former students. I felt a little awkward because I didn't know anyone there. We then went home, got the kids, and went to a drive in movie in Roosevelt. I liked it a lot more than I expected. We took our own snacks and relaxed while the kids played on the playground before the move started. We saw the Mario movie once again, and it was just as cute as the first time. Though we got home pretty late, everyone had a really good time. I think we'll do it again, maybe once a summer when the nights are warm (like July or August).

Monday, I took Katie and Lewis to a playdate. It was a super hot day, 101, but we survived because the kids played in the water outside. For dinner, Devin and his family came over with a bunch of meats that had thawed out (but not spoiled) from his freezer getting unplugged. We had a feast. The older kids, James, and Devin went to look for scorpions with black lights. They found a few and got some cool pictures.

Tuesday, we had a lazy day since we were all tired from staying up late the previous few nights. We played our board game, read, and watched TV instead of going on a hike like we'd planned. I was really happy that we made this decision. I still needed a little nap after a good night of sleep, but I felt a lot better by the end of the day.

Today, James took the kids to a library activity while I picked up groceries. Navy is over for the afternoon while we prepare for Sam and Jesse and their girls to visit. It'll be a lot of fun, I'm sure, though we will have a full house for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment