Thursday, March 28, 2024

Still Sick, My 36th Birthday

Well, I did not get better by my birthday. Though I tried to spend the weekend resting, the cold ramped up in intensity by Monday. I've felt absolutely horrible with one symptom or another since then. It seems like they keep trading off; one thing gets better but another gets worse. Since Monday, I've had a horrible cough, extreme fatigue, headache, and overall malaise. I had a few good nights of sleep, but last night I coughed a lot and kept waking up. I'm glad to be at home where I can rest. I've tried to do the bare minimum, but that's easier said than done. We're leaving for Rexburg tomorrow, and James and I will be in D.C. for a good chunk of that, so I really need to get better!

My birthday was all right. I'm glad we celebrated Sunday since I didn't feel horrible yet. I made devil's food cake, and Joseph made cookie dough ice cream. I got books and chocolate, both of which I've worked on this week. One big indicator that I'm not feeling well is the lack of appetite. That only happens with the worst of illnesses.

I've been this level of tired before, when I was pregnant with Samantha. Obviously I wasn't coughing a lot, but dang, I don't know how I survived that. I know I'll be doing a lot better in a few days. I already am, or at least I feel like I'm over the worst of it. This cold is like the one I had last year after NC, but I haven't lost my voice to that degree.

Time for a nap. I'm glad the kids can pack their own stuff now.

No comments:

Post a Comment