Monday, June 18, 2012

Hmm...

I'm not sure what to think of life right now. It's not making a lot of sense. James has applied to 12 or more jobs now but has had no luck in getting one. I guess it's hard because there are only 2 months left until we leave! That fact is in itself bittersweet to me. We've really loved Nampa and would have been very happy to stay here, but the Lord has other plans for us. Why we're going to Vernal, I don't know yet. I have a small idea of why we were here. This ward is amazing when it comes to taking care of people. In Rexburg, it's easy to assume that all college students are poor, etc., and that you're probably going to move again, so no big deal if you're new. We had the warmest welcome here. Lots of people in the ward seem genuinely sad that we will move away. That's a refreshing feeling after being in a ward where not many people noticed if we moved away.

Anyway, life goes on. It seems to be moving rather slowly right now. I don't mean to complain about that, because it really is rather good, just a little stressful. The boys are great, though. I have no complaints about them. I can't believe how big Kenny continues to get. He has to wear size 3-6 mos. now, because he got too long for the 0-3 mos. Sizewise, I think he's probably a month ahead of how big Joseph was at this age. He's already 12 1/2 lbs. I know that Joseph didn't hit 14 lbs. until 4 months. I guess we'll see, because it could all change.

Joseph loves his bed. I'm glad I decided to put him in it. It's still going really well, even at naptime (usually). He  loves to be able to get out of it instead of being stuck in the crib. Kenny does wake him when he eats at 4-4:30 a.m., but that's the only time I get up with him, and Joseph goes right back to sleep as if it never happened. I wish I could do that!

James started volunteering at the Old Penitentiary in Boise. We toured it on Saturday. Talk about creepy! The overall feeling there is just eerie. You can tell that there were lots of evil men in there. But it was a cool tour anyway. Joseph got scared when we went to see the cooler, so we didn't stay in there long. The part that James volunteers at is the arms exhibit. Apparently, this guy had million of dollars of guns, swords, etc. that he donated when he died. Any guy's paradise.

James had a decent Father's Day, I'd say. I cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. James got a poster with candy on it as the words, a desk that he found for 5 bucks, and a pair of swim goggles. Hopefully it will be hot enough to go swimming. I'm thinking yes, because it's supposed to be 97 this Thursday. (Yikes!!!) For dinner, we enjoyed BBQ chicken, biscuits, corn, and baked beans. Dessert was lava cake. I'd say it was a good day.



This week, we head off to the Head reunion in Ashton. Here's to hoping for good weather, because we are crazy enough to go sleep in a tent for 3 nights! How I'll get any sleep, I'm not sure. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment