Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rexburg So Far & Thoughts

Yup, we're in Rexburg. Did I even mention that before? The family reunion officially starts tonight, but we got here on Friday afternoon. We had a very pleasant drive, thanks to McDonald's Play Place and Angry Birds. James and I were able to attend the temple that afternoon, which was wonderful.

and I'm blonde!
I had a very enjoyable time at Education Week on Saturday. The principles taught renewed my spirit when I didn't realize it needed renewing. I've been prompted to do something which really scares me, though not for the first time. Still, it's going to require a lot of faith on my part. Some impressions that come are simply undeniable, no matter how illogical they are. I'm starting to think that logic has nothing to do with it, at least not at first. In the end, though, every crazy, inspired idea I've followed has turned out exceptionally well. I'm sure that this one will be no different. I think (and hope) that I'm up for the challenge.

James and I went for a walk on BYU-I's campus Saturday night. It't just as beautiful as ever, though mostly deserted during this 7-week break. We stopped by G's Dairy on the way home, of course. We have many happy memories of Rexburg, and I can't say that it doesn't make me really nostalgic to be here.

The last few days have been really great: family dinners and games, hanging out and talking, a trip to Chick-fil-a with my mother-in-law, snuggling my babies. Joseph is having the time of his life with his uncles and aunts, and he's been really happy to have someone to play with that is closer to his size.

The Heads got 3 big bags of greens from the neighbors, so I've been in green smoothie heaven. (Hey, they still look more appetizing than prune juice!) My father-in-law says he thinks they're pretty good. If I convert him, then he will be my 2nd convert to green smoothies (that I know of.) Haha.

I'll admit it: my family's health is of utmost importance to me, even if it requires me to be a little nutty at times. I don't regret it for one minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment