Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Lee Reunion: Pictures Included!

2 family reunions in one summer means lots of traveling, but lots of fun. This reunion was for James's mom's side of the family, which is much more wide-spread than the Heads. All of his mom's siblings, spouses, and children came, minus 2 cousins. (One, I still haven't met.) The families live in Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, Utah, and Idaho, and we all met and Grandma and Grandpa's house in Rigby, ID. Wow. It was a great reunion.

Tues. night we ate dinner together, and I met the relatives that I hadn't met yet. The cousins had a great time playing in the yard together.

Wed. we went to Yellowstone. If you've never been, go! It's my second time, and it was just as beautiful as ever. Just like last time, the only animal we saw was one buffalo (bison). I actually ran into some people I know from Nampa at Old Faithful. Crazy, huh? I even visit teach her, and I remember her saying that they'd be in Yellowstone.

Thurs. we went to the Pioneer museum in Rigby. It's small, but really cool. Joseph played with the big dollhouse while I looked around. We ate lunch at my in-laws' house and relaxed. The guys went shooting. There was a program for the Lees' 50th anniversary, and Uncle Mark took family pics. He's a photographer (and a really legit one) so the pictures look awesome. I will post them once I have them. I'm so glad to have a family picture!

Fri. we walked up Cress Creek after a breakfast of grits & eggs at the Lees' house. We forgot Kenny's stroller, so we rigged one of Jacob's wheelchairs to hold the car seat. It was awesome. What can I say? James is a genius. We then went to Rigby Lake for lunch. I didn't swim, because any non-hot spring water in Idaho feels like melted ice cubes. We then had some of Uncle Joe's homemade sausage at G&G's house. It was to die for. I would love to make homemade sausage, but I need a meat grinder attachment first! (It's been on my wish list for a while now.)

Sat. we drove home and settled back into quiet, peaceful rest. Well, today has been restful, but I had lots of laundry to do on Sat. since I hadn't done any while we were gone. I didn't quite finish, and I was folding it at 11:00 last night since I took my last trip to Winco to get a little food for the week and stock up on spices. I am totally bummed about moving so far away from a Winco.

Joseph caught a little cold, and I'm sure that all the junk food and lack of sleep didn't help. I stayed home from church with him today. He's almost all better, but his little voice is all hoarse. It sounds hilarious! He and Kenny were such troopers during all of our driving this week. I'm really blessed to have such awesome boys!

We're glad to be home, even though it's only home for 1 more week. :( Time to start packing! Well, in a few days...

Ruby and Atticus with the Josephs

Old Faithful

Mt. River Ranch

This just cracks me up!

love this goober
Mom and Mara are coming on Tues., and I'm excited. Vernal, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. haha, I love your little boys' heads peeping through the cutout thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still cracks me up to look at it. :)

    ReplyDelete